Like mattresses and curtains, carpets are one of the essential parts of our house or office premises. These carpets or rugs in our home daily face foot traffic, dirt, dust, mud, stains, etc. due to which after some time carpet and rugs become very dirty and unhygienic. Moreover, these carpets also attract germs, bacteria, infections, etc. which further cause various health problems. Out of these some normal dirt and dust from the carpet or rug can be easily cleaned by simply washing the carpets or rugs. But sometimes there are some tough stains and dark spots which can not be easily removed from the carpet and become a great headache for most people.
People often want to know the best way to clean the carpet and rug. That’s why here, we Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney provides with you the best carpet cleaning tips through which one can easily clean their carpet by their hands at home on their own. Our experts here provide you the best way of cleaning the carpet and removing all the stains or dark spots from the carpet. One can easily get rid of all the stains, dirt, dust, etc. from their carpet or rug by simply using these tips. Following are the best ways to clean the carpet with your hand on your own.
Method 1: Use of ammonia:
Using ammonia for cleaning dirty carpets by hand one of the effective carpet cleaning ways. This method involves the following steps:
1. First, examine the size of the dirty or stained area of the carpet and according to that take the quantity of ammonia and water.
2. If the size of the dirty area of carpet is large then take 1 or 2 cups of ammonia and 3 or 4 cups of water and make a mixture of it.
3. Now, take a spray bottle and put this solution into the spray bottle.
4. After that spray, this solution on the dirty or stained area of the carpet and wait for at least 30-40 minutes.
5. Now blot the stained area with a clean dry cloth and water.
6. Repeat this process one or two times to get the best results.
Method 2: Use of detergent:
Here one can use either dish washing liquid soap or laundry detergent under this method dish washing detergent to clean the dusted carpet of your house or office premises. It involves the following steps:
1. For this, first, take 5-6 cups of hot boiled water and 2-3 cups liquid soap or detergent and make a thin mixture of it.
2. Now, take a spray bottle and put this solution in this spray bottle.
3. Spray this solution on the dirty or stained area of the carpet or rug and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
4. After that gently rub the stained or dirty area of the carpet with a white cloth or sponge in a circular motion.
5. Now, blot this dirty area of the carpet and soak all the moisture.
6. Then pour some vinegar on this dirt area on the carpet and wait for 5 minutes
7. After that vacuum, the whole carpet and all the dirt and stain from the carpet will be removed.
Method 3: Use of White Vinegar and dish washing detergent:
Here under this trick, one needs some vinegar or white vinegar and dish washing or liquid detergent and some water to clean the dirty or stained carpet. It involves following steps
1. For this first, take half cup of vinegar, 4-5 tablespoons of dish washing liquid detergent, and 3-4 cup warm water,
2. Make a proper mixture of all these ingredients and put it into a spray bottle.
3. Then spray this solution on the dirty or stained area of the carpet and wait for at least 15 minutes.
4. Now take a soft-bristled brush or sponge and gently rub this stained or dirty area of the carpet in a circular motion.
5. Repeat this process one more time and then clean the whole carpet.
Method 4: Use of Baking soda:
Baking soda is the best and easily available home ingredient through which one can easily clean the dirty carpet with a hand at home. This method can be used to remove blood stains also. It involves the following steps:
1. Here first, take 1-2 cups of baking soda and 2-3 cups of water and make a thick mixture of it.
2. Now, apply this mixture on the dirty or stained area of the carpet or rug and wait for at least 15 minutes.
3. After this, gently rub the stained or dirty area of the carpet with a slightly wet cloth or sponge for a few minutes.
4. After that rinse off the whole carpet with water and vacuum the carpet.
Method 5: Use of cornstarch
Here cornstarch and water are used to clean the dirty carpets or rugs. One can also use these methods to clean or remove the ink stains from the carpet or rugs. It involves the following steps.
1. Here first take a small amount of milk and cornstarch according to the size of the dirty area of the carpet.
2. If the dirty or stained area of the carpet is large then take 1 cup milk and a half cup of cornstarch and make a thick paste of it.
3. Then apply this paste to the dirty area of the carpet and wait for at least 3-4 hours.
4. After that gently scrub the stained area of the carpet with a clean cloth and repeat this process one or two times until the stain is not gone.
Thus these were all the best carpet cleaning tips through which one can easily clean their carpet at home through their hands. But if one finds these methods difficult to implement, or has no time to try these methods, or if after using these tips one is not able to clean their carpets through hand then don’t worry as they can easily hire the expert’s carpet cleaning services. Experts like us Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney provide the best and effective carpet cleaning and dark spot removal services in Sydney. You only need to contact us and the rest of the work will be our experts. We also provide the best dust or dirt removal services along with other stain removal services are at affordable prices with 24×7 hour assistance. Further our experts only use those non-chemical or chemical methods which are best suitable for the carpet and ensure no damage to your carpet or rug.