Quickbooks Enterprise is used for managing the accounts of large companies. It facilitates users with customization, user permission, deeper insights & reporting, pricing control, and many other features. Thus, 93% of users who have switched from QuickBooks Pro and Premier to Enterprise are finding it helpful. So if you also want to get the QuickBooks Enterprise download, this guide is for you.
Here you’ll learn how to install a QuickBooks download setup on your system. Let’s get started!
How to Setup Quickbooks Enterprise on Windows?
The process of downloading QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise involves the following steps as mentioned here.
Step 1: Set Up Your Network
The first step to getting enterprise QuickBooks downloads is to set up the network. You can use a central server, peer-to-peer network, or remote desktop services.
Central server: On a central network, you can install the Database server manager file. It allows workstations to access the same company file for the same version of QuickBooks enterprise.
Peer-to-Peer Network: When you use a peer-to-peer network, one of the workstations has the authority to store the company file. Further, this file is shared with other workstations over the network.
Remote Desktop Service: You can install QuickBooks remotely on your system and access the file over the network.
Step 2: Install Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise (On Server)
Visit the QuickBooks official website to download QuickBooks Enterprise. Aso Select the country and version of QB Enterprise. Once you download the file on your system, go to the done; add a folder to run the setup file.
Please install the same version of the enterprise on all workstations. Only then can you access the company file over the network. Also, don’t forget to close the antivirus program.
Now, follow the steps below:
- Close all the programs on your system.
- Open the downloaded setup file by clicking twice on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. It’ll take you to the Choose Installation Type window.
- Express Install in case you wish the installer to decide itself.
- If you wish to customize the installation and location, choose Custom and Network.
- Again, choose from the three options the method of installing the setup. It may vary for a server, terminal, or workstation.
- “I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer, but the company file will be located on a different computer.”
- “I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer and storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.”
- When to choose this option:
- Installing Enterprise on a server serving as a workstation computer.
- If installed on a terminal server with software and company data stored on a remote computer.
- “I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer, but I'll be storing our company file on it so the file can be shared over our network.”
- It will only install the Database Server Manager as it is a server setup. Further, it won’t require an additional user license.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. Finally, configure the Quickbooks BDSM.
Step 3: Set Up Sharing and Multi-User Mode
In the third step, you need to set up the sharing mode. Thus, provide company file access to all users. Please ensure that they have read/write access and create/delete rights.
After that, install enterprise on all workstations. Next is to set up the multi-user mode. Please remember that the computer with the company file can host multi-user access. If you have enabled multi-user access on any of the computers other than the host computer, disable it now.
But, if you’ve enabled DBSM, don't turn on multiple-hosting on the server.
Step 4: Activate Quickbooks Enterprise
Now comes the final step, which needs you to activate the Quickbooks enterprise. Fp that you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Quickbooks Help menu.
- Select Activate Quickbooks Desktop.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once you’re done activating the software, ensure that your company file is set up. Then, you can tweak the settings depending on the requirement of your business. Besides that, you can assign user-access levels such as create, modify, delete, print, etc.
We hope the steps for QuickBooks enterprise download help you install the setup. But, if you get stuck at any step or need more help, feel free to contact us.