The myth revolves around and blames women for infertility. But in fact 20 to 30 percent of men; who are going through male infertility. Our whole and sole due to men only. If a man is infertile; then he may be not able to make his partner conceive easily, and may add difficulty in the conception. So, if a couple is not able to conceive successfully; then it is better to get the male partner tested. Also, as earlier and easy the test is done, there are more chances of the man getting through the solution of it. So, if you need to know all about the male infertility problems, symptoms and the treatment of male infertility. Then you should definitely read down the article; till the end.
Get yourself tested for Infertility-
If you think you have been going through the problem of infertility; the best is to see a sexologist in Delhi first. And then get yourself tested for the cause. In the test; the doctor takes your semen; and tests for the quality and quantity of your sperm. Also, just relax, as the semen test is just like a very regular test; which lets you keep away from worry for months.
If the first test seems to be normal; the doctor mostly contains one more test to check if there is any infertility. However, if there is some issue in the first test itself; the doctor may look down on the situation clearly; to see the exact causes of infertility. After the test, one of the following conclusions can be made-
- Azoospermia– If there is no sperm at all in the semen; which shows 0 sperm quantity in sperm; then it is Azoospermia.
- Oligospermia– After the test, if the doctor finds a few sperm in the semen; then you may be suffering from Oligospermia.
- Problems of sperm motility– If the sperm is not able to move freely, in the body. They might not be able to fertilize an egg well.
- Problems with sperm morphology– Problems in the structure, and form of the sperm may also cause some problems; in the fertilization of the egg.
Also, even after knowing these conditions; which may be because of male infertility. These conditions in men can be due to some underlying medical diseases; which need an immediate cure. So, to confirm these underlying issues; your doctor can make you go through a lot of blood and urine tests.
Causes of Male Infertility-
There are a number of reasons; which can cause male infertility. Some can be lifelong reasons; while others may be acquired with time. Thus, some of the possible male infertility causers in men may be as follows-
- Sexually transmitted diseases and other infections- Some of the infections in men such as chlamydia, and gonorrhoea; which can cause male infertility can be sexually transmitted. However, these reasons can be easily cured to remove the problem of male infertility.
- Blockages, physical damages or birth defects- In a lot of cases, the fertility in men can be due to some blockages; which does not let the sperm move. Also, a lot of physical traumas to the urethra and prostate can result in infertility. However, with surgeries and medications; they can be cured.
- Retrograde ejaculation– If a man suffers through this condition; then the semen, does not come out of the bladder. Rather it goes into it again. This problem in men can be due to certain medications, or problems and surgery in the area of the urethra and prostate.
- Hormonal Problems- A lot of hormonal imbalances in the thyroid gland and the pituitary gland can cause hormonal problems. For this problem, the doctor may give you some medications or other treatments.
- Sexual problems- Problems such as Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation; can have an adverse effect on the fertility of men. A lot of psychological problems; like low self-esteem, anxiety, guilt and diabetes can cause the problem. Or maybe the impotence in you is caused; by taking certain medications such as antidepressants. So, it is better to talk to a doctor well before you go through any treatment.
- Varicoceles– About 20 per cent of the men who are infertile; have the problem of Varicoceles. In this problem; the veins get enlarged, which do not let the blood flow freely in the scrotum area. However, surgery may help you to get through the problem.
How To conceive after going through Male infertility-
If a man is suffering from fertility problems; and is the reason behind the infertility of the couple. Then there are a lot of options, which can help the couple to successfully conceive. A lot of doctors in these conditions suggest artificial processes; such as IUI or IVF. In both these processes; either the sperm of the donor can be used, or the doctor may retrieve the sperm from the patient through a surgical process.
As in the process of IVF; the sperm and the egg are fertilized in a petri dish, under artificial conditions. And then the fertilized egg is then transferred back into the uterus of the woman. It is a highly successful process for those who go through fertility issues.
While in the process of IUI; the sperm is directly injected into the body of the woman. And hence the fertilization takes place in the body of the woman itself. Hence, this is also a popular and effective process; for all couples who go through the problem of infertility.
If you also have been longing to have a baby for a long. But in spite of trying everything; you are unable to conceive successfully. Then you should immediately consult the highly qualified and experienced doctors; of IASH India. As they will give you an effective and pocket-friendly treatment option for your ongoing problems. Also, which will make your condition better each and every day. Dr Chirag Bhandari is the head and founder of the institute IASH, India; and has also solved intimate problems for a lot of couples. So, if you want any other information, about the hospital and the doctors then check it out on “IASH India“.