Recurring problems experienced by a person in any stage of the sexual activity (maybe the desire, arousal, plateau, orgasm, or resolution) that prevents the person from having satisfactory sexual intercourse is termed as Sexual Dysfunction.
Sexual Dysfunction In Women:
About 30% to 50% of women experience one or the other sexual problems some time in their life. This can be due to a lack of interest in sexual activity, painful sexual activity, difficulty in reaching orgasm, involuntary tightening of the muscles around the vagina, continuous physical arousal, or any other factor.
Causes Of Sexual dysfunction In Women:
There are many causes for this convenience in women, and these causes are grouped under physical causes and psychological causes. Psychological causes can promote physical changes in hormones, brains, etc.
Physical causes can have psychological effects, which in turn increases the physical changes. Thus, both are interdependent.
Psychological Factors Causing Sexual Dysfunction:
- Depression and anxiety
- Harsh sexual experiences leading to low self-esteem, guilt, etc.
- Physical, sexual or emotional abuse in childhood and many others.
Physical Causes Responsible For Sexual Dysfunction:
- Various physical changes: Hormonal changes during various life events in women or due to any disease.
- Some drugs, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, almost all blood pressure medications, etc. can also contribute to sexual dysfunction.
Treatment For Sexual Dysfunction In Women:
Treatment of the cause is most important, however certain general methods too can prove helpful.
- Talk and Listen - Open communication with your partner can bring a great difference and reduce a lot of emotional as well as psychological stress. It may seem difficult but it brings more clarity, understanding, and trust in the relationship. Also, provide the required confidence, courage to solve the problem without being anxious or depressed.
- Healthy Lifestyle- Limit Alcohol consumption. Exercise regularly to keep yourself energetic and enhance your mood. Reduce stress as far as possible. Eat a healthy diet.
- Counseling – Go for counseling, if required with the help of a trained counselor.
- Use Of Lubricant- Vaginal lubricants prevent the dryness of the vagina, thereby preventing vaginal irritation and sexual problems.
Natural Remedies For Sexual Dysfunction In Women:
When all the above-mentioned things are taken care of and still something is lacking, then you can try these natural remedies.
- Maca Root - Maca is high in iodine and zinc. High Iodine is useful for thyroid, which, in turn, is useful for libido health. High zinc is useful for sex hormones. Some research studies have revealed that maca may increase sexual desire, however, kindly note more studies are needed.
- Ashwagandha - It directly affects the thyroid and the adrenals, the hormonal centers in our body. It also reduces the cortisol and stress hormone, thereby helping us to deal with adrenal fatigue. Thus, it helps us to balance the sex hormones, thereby helps increase libido and sexual pleasure.
- L-arginine - This is an amino acid. This may act as an aphrodisiac due to its ability to elevate nitric oxide levels. Our body naturally produces l-arginine, however, you can consume it from healthy sources, such as eggs, pumpkin seeds, lentils, peanuts, and chickpeas.
- Ginseng - One of the studies has shown that Asian Ginseng may increase the sexual desire in women going through menopause.
Though we have mentioned some natural remedies for sexual dysfunction, it is advisable to follow the general lifestyle habits and a healthy diet to keep yourself energetic and refreshing. Being emotionally, psychologically, and physically fit will help a lot to prevent sexual problems and promote a healthy sexual life.
To know more about sexual and fertility-related problems and treatments you can visit one of the best hospitals in Mumbai. You can visit Amee Maternity and Surgical Hospital specialized in surgical treatments and various sexual related treatments.