Social media has took over the generation in the past few years. Social media has emerged as a new opportunity for businesses to have enhance their online presence in an engaging and interactive way.
The times when businesses used social media solely for the purpose of fun are far behind us. Now, it’s all about building brand awareness, making profit, providing social proof, and taking your business to new heights.
A number of businesses are out there having their pages on social media handles and are willing to upscale their growth opportunities. But are businesses using social networks to their full potential?
Many businesses do not seem to have a well planned social media marketing which will reward them with success. In the absence of such important factor might not look like a big deal initially but often makes you miss out on seeing any results from the social media marketing efforts that you put in.
Creating a profile, and posting content at regular intervals is just not enough to stand out among the million of profiles available on social media. Businesses need to improvise their profiles and develop strategies to enjoy the exposure the social media has to offer.
By the end of the article, you will be well aware of the concept of social media strategy and how to upskill your social media strategy to make the most out of it.
OKAY, BUT WHAT IS A SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY AND WHY DOES IT MEAN SO MUCH IN TODAY’S WORLD?
A social media strategy is a blueprint of everything you aspire to achieve on social media and the plans you have set to achieve the same. Setting up the right strategy in regard to social media presence will prove to be of immense significance. The more detailed and flawless your plan is, the higher will be the efficiency.
If you are wondering why social media presence is necessary in today’s world, we must tell you that having the right social media presence will enhance your brand awareness, availability of a social proof increases the trust people put on your business, takes your business reach to new levels, and reward your business with immense credibility. All these factors are sure to strengthen your position in the market and you will stand out as one of the efficient businesses. Here are the key reasons why you should have a social media presence and a strategy for the same -:
- The social media web is growing fast.
- The buying choices of customers are influenced by social media.
- Lack of strategy gives an edge to your competitors.
- Build engaged communities
- Your customers are immensely active on social media.
- There are key influences on social media which hold immense power of recommendation.
- Reputations can be created or destroyed with social media.
EFFECIENT WAYS TO BUILD A STRONG SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY :
- CHOOSE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING GOALS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
What would be the point of it all if you do not have your goals and objectives set? One must know what they expect of social media and if their expectations are relevant to their business.
Engaging customers, driving sales, increasing web traffic, gaining insights and feedbacks, generating leads, can be a few goals businesses wish to accomplish.
There are a number of strategies to be applied for different goals to be achieved. So, figuring out objectives and the goals will save you time and efforts and will direct you in the right direction to form strategies which are actually needed for strengthening your social media presence.
Follow the SMART goals strategy. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time Bound. The concept has been around for decades but is relevant till date.
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT NETWORK
There are a different platforms available for different purposes a businesses might be having. One individual might benefit more from Instagram and the other might be requiring LinkedIn for their business. Choice of network vary on various factors such as your audience and your objectives.
- Facebook : Largest social media platform with over 2.5 billion monthly active users proves to be ideal for businesses which are willing to generate leads and build relationships.
- LinkedIn : A platform entirely dedicated for business networking. A number of B2B businesses and B2C businesses are present on this platform for fulfilling their business and career needs. The platform is ideal for building trust , authority and engage with.
- Instagram : Instagram, an immensely famous platform which was bought by Facebook in 2012, has billion of monthly active users. It is indeed the most admired app by today’s generation. The app allows users to post pictures and videos, put stories, go live and what not. The app is ideal for businesses who want to keep thorough interaction with their customers and keep them updated through regular posts.
- Twitter : The platform is best for businesses seeking immediacy. The businesses who wish to stay top in trends, and sensitive information such as breaking news, announcements, etc. must choose Twitter as their preferred social media handle.
And just like that we have Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, etc. which serve the purpose for a number of other businesses. Businesses can even use multiple social media handles for attracting different type of target audiences and fulfilling different goals at the same time.
Developing a multichannel approach is never a bad idea.
- ESTABLISH YOUR MOST IMPORTANT METRICS
Your social media strategy should be data driven no matter what. Focus on social media metrics that matter to you rather than vanity metrics. Aligning metrics with your goals is the way.
What are the various kinds of metrics?
- Reach : Reach on posts is number of unique users who viewed your post. This displays how much of your content actually appears in users feed.
- Clicks : Number of clicks on your content or account determine how much users were curious to move ahead with viewing your account or content and were encourage to buy.
- Engagement : The total number of social interactions divided by the number of impressions. This show how well your audience perceives you and how much is their willingness to interact.
- Hashtags : Determining the right hashtags is a must. The next step is to view how well the used hashtags are performing. This will assist you in seeing what hashtags to modify and what to eliminate.
- Organic and paid likes : Beyond general like count, the likes gained are credited to paid content. Many brands turn to ads to gain engagement on their posts since at times it gets tough to gain organic reach. Knowing these stats will help you budget your time and money invested on ads.
Apart from these you must take into consideration the comments on your posts , sentiments of users, etc. These numbers are highly efficient in assisting you to see what users actually expect of you and then modifying your strategies accordingly.
- CREATE ENGAGING CONTENT
Your entire social media depend on the type of content you post. After you have figured out your goals, objectives and platform, you must be aware of what to publish based on your goals, audience and brand identity.
Following the right content strategy is going to take you places.
- Stick to the specific theme : Having a specific theme for your brand and social media post, gives it a personal look. Having same content format, colours and font and giving creative touches from time to time is an excellent way to develop attractive feed.
- Put in stories : Stories are especially valuable for taking your followers behind-the-scenes and making your social feed feel more personal. You can use stories to cover a specific event and interact with users on a personal level.
- Short form video : The new generation does not like to stick onto something for too long and want all the information in quick intervals of time. Instagram Reels and TikTok videos are the most admired form of content these days. They are short and crisp which holds the user attention and deliver the content in an engaging manner. These videos are easy to make and can actually help you enhance engagement and reach.
- Show off your human side : Connecting with your customers at a personal level help them feel admired and cared for. Posting content which directly connects with your users is a great way to show the human behind the account.
And there are a number of other ways to create engaging content, you must do a creative analysis based on your goals and audience. Use various tools, do your research and get on!
- MAKE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE TIMELY
Time matter a lot on social media. Posting at the right time, and at the right intervals hold great significance.
- Post at the best time to engage :
Post at the preferred time depending on your audience. Take time to discover the best time to post on various platforms. Make sure you are available interact with your customers as soon as you post the content , because users love it when the response to their questions and shout outs are quick. Never leave them hanging.
You must never miss the opportunity to ensure conversations and interact. Talking to your
audience on social media gain you respect.
- ANALYSE YOUR COMPETITORS ON SOCIAL MEDIA :
To create an effective social media strategy, you need to discover and understand your competition. Which kinds of content are they publishing, what tone are they using, and how often are they posting?
Take some time to analyse your competitors and see what you can learn from them. Use their techniques to improve yours.
Your competition should be a healthy competition and you must learn how to appreciate them and grow with their help.
- MAXIMISE YOUR REACH :
Merely posting content is not enough. You must discover ways to maximize your reach. Even when your content is up to mark and you are doing best on your part. You might be needing some other specifics to enhance your reach.
- Invest in paid campaigns. Promoting your posts is a great way to reach the right and a larger audience. Make sure the are optimized.
- Team up with influencers. Influencers have a large audience and approaching the influencer with same target audience as yours will help you gain a significant reach.
- Make use of retargeting. Engaging more with your present audience is another good idea. This will help you build more trust with the already existing target audience.
- Use other marketing methods present. There are number of them. Invest some time in research and see what methods are going to work for you.
- ANALYSE THE RESULTS AND OPTIMISE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY ON A REGULAR BASIS :
Analyse what’s working and what isn’t. This will save you a lot of time and effort since you would know what tasks you have to eliminate because they are just not worth the time and effort.
Keep an eye on how well your content is performing. Using various metrics you can determine the same. After you have discovered the same, make new plans to improve content and social media presence.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Now you know what is a social media strategy and how you need to make one. It might seem like a lot of work in the initial days but trust us, it’s just worth it. Investing a little more time in the beginning is better than facing a chaos in the later days. A good starting is always a worth it starting.
And even if you are already on social media, these strategies are going to help you to have a much more efficient online presence and take your business a notch higher.
Once you plan it well and define your social media workings, managing multiple social media profiles will come naturally.
So are you ready to make your business stand out on social media? Yes? A louder one please, YESSSSS! That’s the spirit!
Go and do your own research and make that social media profile more interactive and engaging and your audience happy and satisfied.