The concept of voice search started with smartphones then quickly escalated to smart speakers like alexa and then to voice assistants worldwide. Today we are experiencing a voice search revolution with almost every generation welcoming voice search with open arms.
Voice searches are becoming more and more common because people are discovering the benefits it can provide to their daily schedules and activities.
So, as people are integrating voice searches into their lives, you can come along right beside them by optimizing your voice search SEO and grow your brand exponentially through this new amazing technology trend.
Voice Search Is Faster & Easier
Voice Search is much faster than all the traditional methods of searching for a query. That’s why people love this new trend!
How is Voice Search Different from Traditional Search?
Asking a device to fetch results for your query is not the same as typing a query on a desktop. Searching with voice is different. Here’s how:
Voice Search Keywords are Longer and Conversational
When we converse with a smart device and ask questions, we generally ask the whole question instead of just using a couple of keywords.
When we are on desktop, we might type “digital marketing training Indore” or “digital marketing institute Indore.”
When we use voice, we might ask, “Hey Alexa, which is the best digital marketing training institute in Indore?”
If you would notice, the length of the keywords in both the above searches is different, with our voice query being longer and more conversational.
Local Listings Search Are a Priority for Voice
The maximum volume of voice search requests consists of “near me” questions; this confirms two things:
People use voice search to find places to visit, hotels to stay, restaurants to eat, gyms, salons on the go.
Apart from places, people also need information about time, weather and things as well.
Keyword Research for Voice Search
Now that we have an idea of how voice search works and its different characteristics, it is important to learn the keyword research process for this search trend.
Some points to be kept in mind while preparing keywords for voice searches are:
- Question keywords should be targeted. Voice search queries contain a lot of question words like how, what, when, why, where. The next time you add keywords for voice search, make sure you include these.
To ease out the trending questions keywords with search volume, I recommend Answer The Public tool.
- Long-tail keywords complete a question, and people have been sticking to this approach when using voice. We shouldn’t ignore long-tail keywords when we optimize for voice searches.
- Prepositions are a must to be included in questions which make the query more conversational and human. The examples of filler words are “I, the, of the, on the, to, for,”
The above points are instrumental to the success of your voice keyword research. Your keyword strategy should keep the points in the loop for better results.
Effective Strategies for Voice Search SEO
Here are some proven voice search optimization strategies to put to use:
- Optimize Content for Rich Results
- Structure your content to rank better for voice search results
- Page Speed appears to play a major role in voice search SEO.
The average voice search result page loads in 4.6 seconds(52% faster than the average page).
- Appearing in a Featured Snippet may help you rank in voice search.
7% of all voice search answers came from a Featured Snippet.
- HTTPS websites dominate Google’s voice search results.
In fact, 4% of Google Home result pages are secured with HTTPS.
- Have the best answer possible.
- Have excellent mobile site quality.
- Include Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs)on your product pages and blogs as they include question keywords, and are quite short as well. Both these factors are prerequisites for voice search ranking. The FAQ-style format makes it easy for Google to pull content from your website and display it as a rich snippet.
- Leverage Google My Business Listings
- We are already aware that people use their voice for “near me” searches. The factor that determines whether we rank for these searches is our Google My Business listing.
Voice Search Results Tend to Be Short and Concise.
How to optimize for voice search?
If your page is optimized well, your content is easy-to-read, your website is mobile friendly and you have created relevant blog posts, voice search is a tool that can help you to attract more web traffic and sales. Voice Search Optimization can help you achieve more success and increase your bottom line.
What Voice Search Means for Search Engines?
According to Google, 52% of smart speaker owners use their devices to get information about deals, promotions, and discounts, while 39% of users are looking for business information through voice search on search engines.
What Exactly is Voice Search?
Voice search is essentially a form of mobile searching. People use their phones and portable devices to find answers throughout the day, but instead of typing in what they are looking for onto a keypad, they’re enlisting the help of digital assistants.
Why voice search optimization should be a part of your strategy?
The increasing ability of A.I. devices to handle voice commands has begun to change how users browse the Internet and how businesses shape SEO strategy. Make sure your business is ready for this shift by following voice search optimization.You can Contact Top SEO Company In India