Having a guest blog can extend your market reach, increase brand awareness and boost credibility.
The benefits of guest blogging include increasing brand awareness, extending market reach, and establishing credibility. Guest blogging has four crucial advantages that will significantly boost your credibility:
- An enhanced online presence
- With more authority on topical issues related to the industry
- Link building and SEO will be more effective
- Reaching a larger audience
The benefit of guest blogging is that both parties benefit from it. However, poorly written guest posts can harm your online reputation. A content writer or marketer should pay attention to the guest blogging techniques they employ.
Posting Guest Posts to Success
Credibility can be boosted by guest blogging when done effectively and efficiently. Follow these tips to ensure that your guest post on a blog helps to build credibility:
1. Choosing the right place to post is crucial
Make sure to follow your guest-post recipient's blog as well.
You will be able to reach out to a large audience by choosing a popular blog. This subject requires extensive research.
Conducting a study on which blogs are popular in your industry can help you find the most popular ones. Top bloggers do not accept guest posts; those who do require strict compliance with their terms and conditions. There is a need to identify and examine the top blogs that accept guest contributions. A high-quality audience can be found on a blog that does not have much popularity but invites guest posts.
2. Identify the blog's strengths and weaknesses
It's imperative to understand the target audience of the blog you want to guest post on once you've chosen it. You can estimate the level of engagement of your blog followers by reading their comments and feedback.
Select a small audience that is more engaged over a large group of inactive people. The more engaged you are, the more often you will share, get feedback, and leave enthusiastic comments. Pay attention to how often the blog is updated. A blog with daily posts usually has more visitors than a blog with guest posts. By updating blogs once or twice a week, you will allow your blog to become more visible and reduce internal competition.
3. Identify the blogger and establish contact
Every day, 100s of requests are made to top bloggers. The key to preventing all your research from going to waste is mastering your sales pitch. Make sure you have well-written portfolios that sell themselves. Do not forget to include your credentials and to mention similar work you have done.
- Create a short, straightforward subject line for your personalized email.
- Become familiar with the blogger's past posts and the things that interested you and things you found useful. Make yourself a regular follower of the blog by talking about his posts.
- Think of a topic that would appeal to a blogger's followers if you had one in mind. Ask them what themes they prefer if you are interested in writing a guest post, even if you do not have a specific topic in mind.
- Include your credentials as a short aside. Try not to overdo it, but you need to convince the blogger that you are knowledgeable about the topic because you are a member of the industry.
- Offer to help. Explain what you want to know.
4. Nail the Post
The next step is to submit a winning guest post based on all the research and pitching you have done.
- Content should be informative, relevant, and interesting.
- Ensure that at least 1000 words are written.
- Make sure the audience stays engaged with satire, puns, and trending subjects
- Ensure the title is catchy
- Use images relevant to your guest posting to build credibility and reputation as a guest contributor
- Guest blogging should never be used to promote your own business blatantly
Guest blogging should be limited to the inclusion of an appealing and well-written bio. Be sure to include your expertise in the bio. Maintain a professional tone and add a picture to enhance credibility.
You should keep an eye on the performance of the guest post once it is published on the blog. The number of shares, likes, and retweets the post received, as well as the number of new followers you gained? For more: Join Us @ Blog Magazine