Making Atta bread at home is quite simple and requires only a few basic ingredients. Here's a recipe to make soft and fluffy Atta bread:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, and instant yeast.
- Add the vegetable oil and warm water to the flour mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (430°F)
- Once the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Shape the dough into a ball and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy your homemade Atta bread! You can also experiment with different seasonings or add-ins to make it more flavorful.