We all know how QuickBooks by Intuit came and changed the way of accounting. Today, it is the most used accounting software internationally. However, there is one more reason why QuickBooks is so popular, i.e. its user-friendliness. It provides it an edge over its competitors. It also provides this software in different versions, so that it suits clients with different demands.
However, with constant changes and updates, it also has its share of issues and problems. We know it as QuickBooks errors. One of these issues is QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. It is quite a frustrating error. This will interrupt your normal functioning. Hence, we will discuss it in detail and learn how to resolve error 3371 status code 11118.
What do we mean by QuickBooks error 3371?
Error 3371 status code 11118 is a series of issues a user goes through when it cannot upload its license data. Such errors may also arise on desktops running QuickBooks due to problematic installation issues. QuickBooks error 3371 has different status codes, which are as follows:
- Error 3371, Status Code- 1
- Error 3371, Status Code- 111118
- Error 3371
Reason: Generally there is loss of data, corruption of files, and other such related issues.
Why does error 3371 status code 11118 occur?
In QuickBooks, for any error, the user has displayed the reason behind the error. However, this is a generic statement and doesn't indicate where exactly the problem lies. Therefore, here are some other reasons why QuickBooks error 3371 is popping up on your screen:
- There is an issue with the execution of the Microsoft MSXML file.
- The system cannot retrieve or validate the information from the license file.
- There is an issue with access to files such as qbregistration.dat. These files might be damaged.
The above-mentioned file has info regarding the QuickBooks license. To create this file, the user submits their license and product number. Every time the user opens QuickBooks Desktop, this file is executed. To execute this process, Microsoft MSXML has to open the file.
When do we see error 3371 status code 11118 on our screen?
Even though QuickBooks Error 3371 may pop up on random conditions, they usually occur when the user freshly activates the QuickBooks Desktop version. Here are some other conditions where a user may have come across this error:
- Using damaged or misplaced license info during QuickBooks installation.
- Movement of data between drives
- Corrupted or faulty windows installation. There may be other issues with windows installation. The OS of the user's system doesn't support QuickBooks or MSXML component is corrupted.
- Moving QuickBooks installation from one device to another.
- Changes in anti-virus software
- Network issues (it may block functions of QuickBooks).
To fix QuickBooks error 3371, you can reinstall the entitlement file, update the windows manually, and move forward with a clean installation. Make sure you delete the existing file and register QuickBooks with the right license info, and product number. It will ensure that you reinstall the entitlement file without any hiccups.