Ringo ride is a fun water activity that's gaining popularity among tourists visiting Goa. It's a variation of water tubing where riders sit in a circular inflatable tube and are towed by a speedboat. The circular tube has handles, and riders hold on to them while enjoying the thrill of bouncing on the waves and being pulled through the water. Ringo rides are suitable for people of all ages and can be done individually or in groups. It's a fun way to spend time with friends and family and experience the thrill of water sports.
Ringo rides are available at several beaches in Goa, including Calangute Beach, Baga Beach, Candolim Beach, and Anjuna Beach. The cost of the ride varies depending on the location and operator, but it usually ranges between INR 300 to INR 500 per person. It's important to follow safety guidelines while doing Ringo rides. Riders are required to wear life jackets, and operators ensure that the tow ropes are securely attached and the speed is appropriate for the rider's comfort and safety.
What is Ringo Ride
Ringo ride is a type of water sports activity that involves riding on an inflatable tube that is pulled by a speedboat. The inflatable tube used for Ringo rides is circular in shape and has handles for riders to hold onto. During a Ringo ride, the speedboat pulls the inflatable tube at high speed, causing it to bounce and skip across the surface of the water. Riders can experience the thrill of speed and the excitement of being pulled along by the boat.
Ringo rides are suitable for people of all ages and can be enjoyed individually or with a group of friends or family members. They are popular at many beaches and water sports centers around the world, including in Goa, India.
What to Expect in Ringo Ride In Goa
If you're planning to experience Ringo ride in Goa, here's what you can expect:
- Safety briefing: Before the ride, the operator will provide you with a safety briefing, including instructions on how to hold on to the handles and what to do in case of an emergency.
- Life jackets: You'll be provided with a life jacket to ensure your safety during the ride.
- High-speed ride: Ringo ride involves being towed by a speedboat at high speed, so you can expect to experience the thrill of speed and bouncing over the waves.
- Beautiful scenery: As you ride, you'll get to see the beautiful scenery of the Goan coastline and enjoy the cool sea breeze.
- Fun and excitement: Ringo ride is a fun and exciting water sports activity that's perfect for those looking for a thrill.
- Duration: The duration of the ride can vary, but it usually lasts between 10-15 minutes.
- Cost: The cost of Ringo ride can vary depending on the location and operator, but it usually ranges between INR 300 to INR 500 per person.
Remember to wear comfortable swimwear and bring a towel and change of clothes as you're likely to get wet during the ride. Listen carefully to the instructions given by the operator to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Cost for Sport Fishing In Goa
The cost for sport fishing in Goa can vary depending on the type of fishing, duration of the trip, and the fishing charter or guide you choose. Generally, a half-day fishing trip (around 4 hours) can cost anywhere from INR 5,000 to INR 15,000, while a full-day fishing trip (around 8 hours) can cost between INR 10,000 to INR 25,000.
It's important to note that the cost may also include equipment rental, bait, and transportation to and from the fishing location. Some charters may also include food and drinks on board. It's recommended to research different fishing charters or guides and compare prices and services before booking a trip.
Best Beach In Goa for Sport Fishing
Goa has several beaches that are popular for sport fishing. Some of the best beaches in Goa for sport fishing are:
- Sinquerim Beach: Located in North Goa, Sinquerim Beach is known for its fishing activities. You can hire a boat or join a fishing tour to catch a variety of fish species such as snapper, barracuda, and kingfish.
- Candolim Beach: Another popular fishing spot in North Goa is Candolim Beach. You can find several fishing charters and guides who can take you on a fishing expedition to catch fish such as tuna, mackerel, and snapper.
- Palolem Beach: Located in South Goa, Palolem Beach is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. You can catch a variety of fish species such as sea bass, grouper, and red snapper.
- Colva Beach: Colva Beach, located in South Goa, is another great spot for sport fishing. You can find several local fishermen who offer fishing tours and take you to the best spots to catch fish such as pomfret, kingfish, and snapper.
- Baga Beach: Baga Beach, located in North Goa, is a popular tourist spot that also offers sport fishing. You can find several fishing charters and guides who can take you on a fishing trip to catch a variety of fish species such as barramundi, kingfish, and snapper.
It's always best to check with local fishing charters or guides to determine the best fishing spots and times based on the season and weather conditions.
Tips for Sport Fishing In Goa
Goa is a popular destination for sport fishing, with its numerous water bodies and coastline offering a variety of fishing opportunities. Here are some tips for sport fishing in Goa:
- Choose the right season: The best time for sport fishing in Goa is from October to May, as this is the time when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
- Choose the right location: There are many good fishing spots in Goa, including the Mandovi River, Sal River, and the Arabian Sea. Research the different locations and choose one that suits your preferences.
- Get the right equipment: Make sure you have the right fishing equipment, including rods, reels, lines, lures, hooks, and bait.
- Hire a local guide: A local guide can help you navigate the waters, find the best fishing spots, and provide you with tips and advice.
- Follow local regulations: Make sure you are aware of the local fishing regulations and follow them to avoid any legal issues.
- Be patient: Fishing can be a waiting game, so be patient and enjoy the surroundings while you wait for a bite.
- Stay safe: Always wear a life jacket and follow basic safety protocols to ensure a safe and enjoyable fishing experience.
Remember to respect the environment and the fish you catch by practicing catch and release wherever possible, and have fun!
Q: What types of fish can be caught in Goa?
A: Some of the common fish species found in Goa include Barramundi, Ladyfish, Red Snapper, Grouper, and Kingfish.
Q: What is the best time for sport fishing in Goa?
A: The best time for sport fishing in Goa is from October to May, as this is the time when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
Q: Do I need a license to go sport fishing in Goa?
A: Yes, you need a fishing license to go sport fishing in Goa. You can obtain the license from the Fisheries Department in Panaji, Goa.
Q: Where are the best spots for sport fishing in Goa?
A: Some of the best spots for sport fishing in Goa include the Mandovi River, Sal River, and the Arabian Sea. There are also many fishing charters and tour operators that can take you to some of the best fishing spots in Goa.
Q: What equipment do I need for sport fishing in Goa?
A: You will need fishing equipment such as rods, reels, lines, lures, hooks, and bait. Make sure to choose the right equipment for the type of fish you are targeting.
Q: Is sport fishing in Goa safe?
A: Yes, sport fishing in Goa is generally safe as long as you follow basic safety protocols such as wearing a life jacket and following local fishing regulations. It is also recommended to hire a local guide to ensure a safe and enjoyable fishing experience.
Q: Can I keep the fish I catch while sport fishing in Goa?
A: Yes, you can keep the fish you catch while sport fishing in Goa, but make sure to follow local fishing regulations and practice catch and release wherever possible to protect the environment and the fish population.