It is, Also known as Turtle Beach, is located in the northern part of Paranem, Goa. The Beach has been given a great view. Which includes a striking green environment. Morjim Beach Goa is a suitable place for the reproduction process of turtles (making eggs and nourishment). This is an endangered species. The viewing of turtle babies, Turtle and Crabs is such an experience that you will not be able to forget. Due to shallow depth, Kite Surfing is a popular activity on this beach. However, There is a ban on stray dogs on the seashore of turtles. So that the reproduction process of Turtles is not interrupted.
Morjim Beach is definitely one of the best beaches in Goa. Its a poet's paradise which sky changing colors and sun setting in. Located south to Ashwem beach in Goa it is considered to be one of the most tranquil beaches of Goa, offering peace and serenity. Tourists come here from across the world for relaxing and dining out. This place is lined up with restaurants and cottages which offer some of the best relaxation things. Morjim Beach is also locally known as “Little Russia” because of the huge inhabitation of Russians here who stay for more than a month in this beautiful heaven.
For those who love the endless expanse of the sea, Morjim beach has a lot to offer and discover. Swim in the unpolluted clear waters of the Arabian Sea. Get a full body sun tan that you so long desired on a quiet corner of the Morjim beach. Explore nature of Goa by setting sights on the visiting seagulls and hatching turtles. Spot a dolphin leap in joy over the azure blue waters. Spotting the ever friendly dolphins makes everyone joyful and happy.
The Nightlife of Morjim Beach In Goa
Morjim Beach in Goa is known for its serene and peaceful environment during the day, but it also offers a vibrant nightlife scene. Here are some things to know about the nightlife of Morjim Beach:
- Beach Shacks and Restaurants: Morjim Beach is lined with several beach shacks and restaurants that serve a variety of food and drinks. Many of these shacks and restaurants offer live music performances and are open until late at night, providing a perfect ambiance for a relaxed evening.
- Nightclubs and Bars: There are several nightclubs and bars in and around Morjim Beach that offer a lively atmosphere for party-goers. Some of these places are open until the early hours of the morning and offer a range of music, from techno and trance to Bollywood and commercial music.
- Silent Parties: Silent parties, also known as headphone parties, have become popular in recent years, and Morjim Beach is no exception. These parties involve participants wearing wireless headphones and dancing to music played by different DJs. Silent parties are a fun and unique experience and can be found on Morjim Beach during the peak tourist season.
- Full Moon Parties: Full moon parties are held on the night of the full moon and are a popular event on Morjim Beach. These parties are known for their neon lights, music, and dancing, and are attended by both locals and tourists.
- Bonfires: Many of the beach shacks on Morjim Beach offer bonfires on the beach, providing a cozy and romantic atmosphere for couples and groups of friends.
Overall, the nightlife of Morjim Beach is a mix of beachside shacks, nightclubs, bars, and unique events that cater to different tastes and preferences. Whether you are looking for a relaxed evening or a wild party, Morjim Beach has something to offer.
Facts on Morjim Beach In Goa
Morjim Beach is one of the popular beaches in North Goa, India. Here are some interesting facts about Morjim Beach:
- Location: Morjim Beach is located in the Pernem district of North Goa, India. It is situated on the northern bank of the Chapora River and is surrounded by the villages of Morjim, Siolim, and Ashwem.
- Nesting Site for Olive Ridley Turtles: Morjim Beach is known for its nesting site of Olive Ridley turtles. These turtles are an endangered species and are protected by the government. The nesting season is from November to March, during which time the beach is cordoned off to protect the eggs and the hatchlings.
- Water Sports: Morjim Beach is known for its water sports activities, including jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, and kayaking. The beach is also popular for its dolphin sighting tours.
- Beach Shacks and Restaurants: There are several beach shacks and restaurants on Morjim Beach that serve a variety of food and drinks. These shacks are popular for their seafood, including the fresh catch of the day.
- Serene and Peaceful Environment: Morjim Beach is known for its serene and peaceful environment, making it a popular destination for those who want to relax and unwind. The beach is less crowded than some of the other popular beaches in Goa, making it a great place to escape the crowds.
- Sunset Views: Morjim Beach is known for its stunning sunset views. Watching the sun go down over the Arabian Sea is a popular activity among tourists and locals alike.
- Yoga and Meditation: Morjim Beach is also known for its yoga and meditation centers. Many tourists come to the beach to attend yoga classes and meditation sessions, making it a hub for spiritual and wellness tourism.
Overall, Morjim Beach is a popular destination in Goa for its natural beauty, water sports activities, and serene environment.
Best time to visit Morjim Beach In Goa
The best time to visit Morjim Beach in Goa is from November to March, which is the winter season in India. During this time, the weather is pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 20°C to 32°C, and the humidity is low, making it perfect for beach activities.
This is also the nesting season for the Olive Ridley turtles, which is a unique and fascinating experience to witness. The beach is cordoned off during this time to protect the eggs and hatchlings, so visitors are advised to avoid disturbing the nesting areas.
The peak tourist season in Goa is from mid-December to mid-January when the beach can get crowded. If you prefer a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere, it is best to visit in November, February, or March.
Monsoon season in Goa lasts from June to September, and during this time, the beach is closed for water sports activities due to rough seas and strong currents. Heavy rainfall can also make it challenging to explore the area.
Therefore, it is best to avoid visiting Morjim Beach during the monsoon season and plan your trip during the winter season for the best experience.
Things to do on Morjim Beach In Goa
Morjim Beach is a beautiful and serene destination in Goa that offers a range of activities for visitors. Here are some of the top things to do on Morjim Beach:
- Water Sports In Goa : Morjim Beach is known for its water sports activities, including jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, and kayaking. The beach is also popular for its dolphin sighting tours.
- Yoga and Meditation: Morjim Beach is home to several yoga and meditation centers that offer classes and retreats. This is a great way to relax, unwind, and connect with nature.
- Explore the Beach: Take a leisurely walk along the beach, soak up the sun, and enjoy the scenic views. You can also relax under the shade of the palm trees or rent a beach umbrella and enjoy the cool sea breeze.
- Visit the Turtle Nesting Site: Morjim Beach is known for its nesting site of Olive Ridley turtles. During the nesting season, which is from November to March, the beach is cordoned off to protect the eggs and the hatchlings. Visitors can witness this unique and fascinating experience.
- Enjoy Local Cuisine: There are several beach shacks and restaurants on Morjim Beach that serve a variety of local and international cuisine. You can enjoy fresh seafood, traditional Indian food, and a range of drinks while enjoying the beach view.
- Visit Nearby Attractions: Morjim Beach is close to several popular attractions in North Goa, including the Chapora Fort, the Siolim Bridge, and the Ashwem Beach.
- Attend a Full Moon Party: Morjim Beach is known for its Full Moon parties that are held on the night of the full moon. These parties are known for their neon lights, music, and dancing, and are attended by both locals and tourists.
Overall, Morjim Beach offers a range of activities for visitors, from water sports and beach activities to yoga and meditation, making it a great destination for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation.
Water Sports Activities In Morjim Beach
Morjim Beach is a popular destination for water sports activities in Goa. Here are some of the top water sports activities you can enjoy at Morjim Beach:
- Jet Skiing In Goa : Jet skiing is a thrilling water sports activity that involves riding a powerful watercraft on the sea. You can rent a jet ski at Morjim Beach and enjoy the adrenaline rush as you zip across the waves.
- Parasailing In Goa : Parasailing is a unique water sports activity that allows you to fly above the sea while being towed by a speedboat. You can enjoy the panoramic views of Morjim Beach and the surrounding areas while experiencing the thrill of flying.
- Banana Boat Rides In Goa : Banana boat rides are a fun and exciting water sports activity that involves riding a banana-shaped inflatable boat that is pulled by a speedboat. You can enjoy the bumpy ride as you hold on tight and splash through the waves.
- Kayaking In Goa : Kayaking is a more peaceful water sports activity that allows you to explore the coastline of Morjim Beach at your own pace. You can rent a kayak and paddle along the scenic coastline, enjoying the views and the tranquility of the sea.
- Dolphin Watching Tours In Goa : Morjim Beach is home to a large population of dolphins, and you can take a dolphin watching tour to observe these majestic creatures up close. The tour operators use special boats that are designed to minimize noise and disturbance, ensuring that the dolphins are not disturbed.
- Scuba Diving In Goa : Scuba diving is a popular water sports activity that allows you to explore the underwater world of the sea. You can take a scuba diving course at Morjim Beach and explore the coral reefs, colorful fish, and other marine life that inhabit the sea.
Overall, Morjim Beach offers a range of water sports activities for visitors of all ages and skill levels, making it a great destination for a fun and exciting vacation.
What is the best time to visit Morjim Beach in Goa?
The best time to visit Morjim Beach is from November to March, when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
Are there any water sports activities available at Morjim Beach?
Yes, Morjim Beach is a popular destination for water sports activities, including jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, kayaking, and scuba diving.
Is it safe to swim at Morjim Beach?
Yes, it is safe to swim at Morjim Beach, but visitors should be cautious and follow the safety guidelines provided by the lifeguards.
What is the best way to get to Morjim Beach?
Morjim Beach is located in North Goa, and visitors can get there by taxi, bus, or motorcycle. It is also possible to rent a car or a scooter to explore the surrounding areas.
What are some nearby attractions to Morjim Beach?
Morjim Beach is close to several popular attractions in North Goa, including the Chapora Fort, the Siolim Bridge, and the Ashwem Beach.
Are there any restaurants or beach shacks on Morjim Beach?
Yes, there are several beach shacks and restaurants on Morjim Beach that serve a variety of local and international cuisine.
Is there any accommodation available near Morjim Beach?
Yes, there are several hotels, guesthouses, and homestays near Morjim Beach that cater to different budgets and preferences. It is advisable to book in advance during the peak season.