Querim Beach, also known as Keri Beach, is a beautiful and relatively secluded beach located in the northernmost part of Goa, India. The beach is known for its picturesque views, white sand, and clear waters. It is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of water sports in Goa, take a boat ride to see dolphins, or explore the nearby Tiracol Fort.
Querim Beach is one of the less crowded beaches in Goa, making it an ideal place for those who want to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. It is surrounded by lush greenery and scenic hills, which add to its natural beauty. Visitors can also take a stroll along the beach, watch the sunset, or enjoy a bonfire at night.
There are several shacks and restaurants located along the beach that offer a variety of local and international cuisine. The nearby village of Querim also has a few shops and markets where visitors can buy souvenirs and local handicrafts.
To reach Querim Beach, visitors can hire a taxi or take a bus from Mapusa or Panaji. The beach is also easily accessible by a ferry from the nearby village of Querim. The best time to visit Querim Beach is between November and February, when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
The Nightlife of Querim Beach
Querim Beach is a relatively quiet and secluded beach in Goa, so the nightlife options here are limited compared to the more popular beaches in Goa. However, there are a few options for those looking to enjoy the evening at or near Querim Beach.
There are a few shacks and beachside restaurants that remain open late into the night, offering delicious food and drinks along with live music and entertainment. Some of these places also offer beachside seating and bonfire options.
If you're looking for more nightlife options, you can head to nearby towns like Arambol and Morjim, which have a more lively scene with a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants. These places are easily accessible from Querim Beach by taxi or scooter.
Overall, while Querim Beach may not have a vibrant nightlife scene, it offers a peaceful and relaxing environment, making it an ideal spot for those looking for a quiet getaway.
Facts on Querim Beach
Here are some interesting facts about Querim Beach:
- Querim Beach is also known as Keri Beach and is located in the Pernem district of North Goa.
- It is the northernmost beach in Goa and is situated close to the Maharashtra border.
- Querim Beach is relatively less crowded compared to other beaches in Goa, making it an ideal place for those seeking solitude.
- The beach is approximately 5 kilometers long and is surrounded by hills and greenery.
- The Tiracol Fort, located near Querim Beach, is a popular tourist attraction and offers stunning views of the sea.
- The beach is known for its clear water, white sand, and beautiful sunsets.
- The beach is a popular spot for surfing, swimming, and other water sports activities.
- There are several beachside shacks and restaurants that offer a variety of local and international cuisine.
- Querim Beach is easily accessible by road from Panaji and Mapusa, and there is a ferry service available from the nearby village of Querim.
- The best time to visit Querim Beach is between November and February, when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
Best time to visit Querim Beach
The best time to visit Querim Beach is between November and February, which is the winter season in Goa. During this time, the weather is pleasant, with clear blue skies and cool sea breeze, making it ideal for spending time on the beach.
The temperature during this time ranges between 20°C and 30°C, which is perfect for enjoying water sports, swimming, and sunbathing. The sea is also relatively calm during this time, making it safer for swimming and other water activities.
Visiting Querim Beach during the monsoon season, which is from June to September, is not recommended as the beach may not be accessible due to heavy rainfall and strong winds.
The summer season, from March to May, can be quite hot and humid, with temperatures often crossing 35°C. While the beach can still be enjoyable during this time, it's best to avoid visiting during the hottest months of April and May.
Things to do on Querim Beach
There are several activities to enjoy on Querim Beach, making it a great destination for travelers. Here are some of the things you can do on Querim Beach:
- Sunbathing: Querim Beach is a great place to relax and soak up the sun. You can lay on the beach and enjoy the beautiful view of the sea.
- Water Sports in Goa: Querim Beach offers a range of water sports activities, including surfing, jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, and more.
- Dolphin Spotting: You can take a boat ride from Querim Beach to see the playful dolphins in their natural habitat.
- Visit Tiracol Fort: The historic Tiracol Fort is located close to Querim Beach and offers breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea.
- Beach Walk: Take a leisurely walk on the beach, explore the beautiful surroundings, and enjoy the fresh sea breeze.
- Watch the Sunset: The beach is a great place to witness the beautiful sunset over the Arabian Sea.
- Indulge in Local Cuisine: Querim Beach has several shacks and beachside restaurants that offer a variety of local and international cuisine. Try some of the local seafood delicacies, including prawns, lobsters, and crabs.
- Beach Camping: You can set up a camp on the beach and enjoy a bonfire, stargazing, and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.
These are just some of the many things you can do on Querim Beach, making it a great destination for a fun and relaxing vacation.
Water Sports Activities In Querim Beach
Querim Beach, also known as Keri Beach, is located in the northernmost part of Goa, India. It is a beautiful and secluded beach with clean and clear waters, surrounded by lush greenery and scenic landscapes. There are many water sports activities available at Querim Beach that visitors can enjoy, including:
- Jet Skiing in Goa: Jet skiing is a popular water sport activity at Querim Beach. Visitors can rent a jet ski and ride the waves of the Arabian Sea.
- Parasailing in Goa: Parasailing is another popular water sport activity at Querim Beach. Visitors can experience the thrill of flying high above the water and enjoying the beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Banana Boat Rides in Goa: Banana boat rides are a fun activity for groups and families. Visitors can ride on an inflatable banana boat pulled by a speedboat and enjoy the thrill of bouncing over the waves.
- Kayaking in Goa: Visitors can rent a kayak and explore the beautiful coastline of Querim Beach at their own pace.
- Snorkeling in Goa: Snorkeling is a great way to explore the underwater world of Querim Beach. Visitors can rent snorkeling gear and swim with colorful fish and other marine life.
- Scuba Diving in Goa: Scuba diving is a popular water sport activity at Querim Beach. Visitors can explore the colorful coral reefs and marine life in the Arabian Sea.
- Fishing in Goa: Fishing is a popular activity at Querim Beach, and visitors can rent a fishing boat and enjoy a day of fishing in the calm waters.
Querim Beach is a great place to enjoy a variety of water sports activities, and visitors can choose from a wide range of options depending on their interests and preferences.
Q: Where is Querim Beach located?
A: Querim Beach is located in the northernmost part of Goa, India.
Q: What are the water sports activities available at Querim Beach?
A: Visitors can enjoy a variety of water sports activities at Querim Beach, including jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, and fishing.
Q: Is Querim Beach suitable for families with children?
A: Yes, Querim Beach is suitable for families with children. Visitors can enjoy a variety of water sports activities and the beach is clean and safe for swimming.
Q: Are there any restaurants or cafes near Querim Beach?
A: Yes, there are several restaurants and cafes near Querim Beach that serve a variety of local and international cuisine.
Q: Is Querim Beach crowded?
A: Querim Beach is relatively less crowded compared to other beaches in Goa, making it a great place to relax and unwind.
Q: Is it safe to swim at Querim Beach?
A: Yes, it is safe to swim at Querim Beach. The waters are clean and clear, and there are lifeguards on duty during the day.
Q: Are there any accommodation options near Querim Beach?
A: Yes, there are several accommodation options near Querim Beach, including hotels, guesthouses, and beach shacks.
Q: Is Querim Beach accessible by public transportation?
A: Yes, Querim Beach is accessible by public transportation, including buses and taxis.
Q: Are there any nearby attractions to visit while at Querim Beach?
A: Yes, visitors can visit nearby attractions such as the Terekhol Fort, the Arambol Beach, and the Mandrem Beach.