Knee boarding In Goa is an exciting watersport that has gained popularity in recent years. With its roots in surfing, kneeboarding involves riding waves on a kneeboard, a smaller and more maneuverable version of a surfboard. Goa, a coastal state in India, is an excellent destination for kneeboarding enthusiasts. In this article, we will explore the world of knee boarding in Goa and everything you need to know to enjoy this thrilling activity.
What is Knee boarding?
Kneeboarding is a water sport that involves riding waves on a board while kneeling on it. The board used for kneeboarding is smaller than a surfboard and has a convex bottom, which provides more stability and makes it easier to maneuver. Riders hold onto a tow rope attached to a speedboat and are pulled across the water, riding the waves as they come.
Knee boarding in Goa
Goa is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches and water sports activities. Kneeboarding is one of the many water sports activities that you can enjoy in Goa. The beaches in Goa offer perfect conditions for kneeboarding, with their clean waters and consistent waves. The most popular beaches for kneeboarding in Goa are Calangute, Baga, and Anjuna.
What to Expect
Before you begin kneeboarding, you will be given a life vest and a kneeboard. You will then be briefed on the safety instructions and how to use the kneeboard. Once you are ready, you will be pulled by a speedboat, and you can start riding the waves. Kneeboarding in Goa is suitable for beginners and experts alike, and the instructors will adjust the speed according to your level of experience.
Cost for Knee Boarding in Goa
The cost of kneeboarding in Goa can vary depending on the location and the provider. Typically, the cost ranges from 1000 to 1500 Indian rupees per person for a session lasting around 15-20 minutes. However, some providers may offer packages that include multiple water sports activities, which can reduce the overall cost per activity. It's always a good idea to check with the provider beforehand and inquire about their pricing and packages. Additionally, it's essential to ensure that the provider is licensed and follows safety standards to ensure a safe and enjoyable kneeboarding experience.
Best Beach In Goa for Knee Boarding
Goa is home to several beautiful beaches that are perfect for kneeboarding. Some of the best beaches in Goa for kneeboarding are:
- Calangute Beach : Calangute Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Goa and is known for its clear waters and soft sand. It offers excellent conditions for kneeboarding, with its consistent waves and calm waters.
- Baga Beach : Baga Beach is another popular destination for water sports activities, including kneeboarding. It has a vibrant atmosphere and offers a wide range of water sports facilities.
- Anjuna Beach : Anjuna Beach is a beautiful and serene location that offers excellent kneeboarding conditions. Its crystal-clear waters and gentle waves make it an ideal spot for beginners.
- Candolim Beach : Candolim Beach is a quieter and more secluded location that offers a peaceful environment for kneeboarding. Its long stretches of golden sand and calm waters make it an ideal spot for this water sport.
- Sinquerim Beach : Sinquerim Beach is a pristine and relatively unexplored location that offers ideal kneeboarding conditions. Its crystal-clear waters and moderate waves make it an ideal spot for those looking for a less crowded experience.
Tips for Kneeboarding in Goa
- Wear the right gear: Make sure you wear comfortable and appropriate swimwear. A life vest and a helmet are provided for your safety.
- Listen to the instructor: Listen carefully to the instructions given by the instructor. They will guide you on how to use the kneeboard and the safety precautions to follow.
- Relax and have fun: Kneeboarding is an enjoyable and thrilling activity. So, try to relax and have fun while riding the waves.
- Book in advance: Kneeboarding is a popular activity in Goa, so it's always best to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Kneeboarding in Goa is a fun and exciting water sport that is suitable for people of all ages and skill levels. The beautiful beaches of Goa provide the perfect backdrop for kneeboarding, and the warm waters and consistent waves make it an unforgettable experience. So, if you're looking for an adrenaline-packed activity to add to your list of things to do in Goa, give kneeboarding a try.
Q: What is Kneeboarding?
A: Kneeboarding is a water sport where the participant rides on a small board with their knees while being towed behind a boat.
Q: Is Kneeboarding safe?
A: Yes, Kneeboarding is generally safe, as long as participants wear life jackets and follow the safety instructions given by the operator.
Q: Can children participate in Kneeboarding?
A: Children can participate in Kneeboarding as long as they meet the minimum age and weight requirements set by the operator. It's recommended to check with the operator beforehand.
Q: What should I wear for Kneeboarding?
A: Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing such as swimwear, shorts, and a t-shirt. Don't forget to bring a change of clothes and a towel as you'll likely get wet during the ride.
Q: Do I need any experience to go Kneeboarding?
A: No, you don't need any prior experience to go Kneeboarding. The operator will provide a safety briefing and instructions on how to hold on during the ride.
Q: How long does a Kneeboarding session last?
A: A Kneeboarding session usually lasts around 15-20 minutes, depending on the package you choose.
Q: What is the cost of Kneeboarding in Goa?
A: The cost of Kneeboarding in Goa can vary depending on a few factors such as the location, season, and the operator you choose. Generally, the cost of Kneeboarding in Goa can range from around 500 INR to 1000 INR per person for a single ride.
Q: What are the best beaches in Goa for Kneeboarding?
A: Some of the best beaches in Goa for Kneeboarding include Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Colva Beach, and Palolem Beach.
Q: Is it necessary to book in advance for Kneeboarding in Goa?
A: It's recommended to book in advance, especially during peak season, to ensure availability. However, you may also find operators who offer on-the-spot bookings.
Q: What is the minimum age requirement for Kneeboarding?
A: The minimum age requirement for Kneeboarding may vary depending on the operator. Generally, children aged six and above can participate in the activity. It's recommended to check with the operator beforehand.