Parasailing in Goa is a recreational kiting movement where a man is towed behind a vehicle while appended to a particularly designed canopy wing that helps one to remember a parachute know as a parasailing wing. The parachutes could be moving by a car truck or mainly a boat. The harness which joins the pilots to the parasailing, which is associated with the boat or land vehicle by the tow rope.
Parasailing is a popular water activity in Goa, India, where you are attached to a parachute and towed behind a speedboat while soaring above the water. It's an exhilarating experience that gives you a bird's-eye view of the beautiful coastline and the Arabian Sea.
If you're interested in parasailing in Goa, there are plenty of operators along the beaches who offer this activity. Most of them operate between October and May, when the weather is favorable for water sports.
What to Expect in Parasailing in Goa
Parasailing is a popular activity in Goa, India, where visitors can soar above the clear waters and beautiful coastline. Here's what you can expect when parasailing in Goa:
- Safety briefing: Before you go parasailing, you will receive a safety briefing from the tour operator. This will include instructions on how to wear the safety gear properly, how to hold onto the parasail while in the air, and what to do in case of an emergency.
- Boarding the boat: You will board a speedboat that will take you out into the ocean. Once you're on board, you'll be given a life jacket and the parasail will be attached to the boat.
- Takeoff: The boat will speed up, and as it picks up momentum, the parasail will lift you up into the air. You will be flying high above the water and enjoying breathtaking views of the coastline and the sea.
- Flight duration: The duration of the parasailing ride can vary depending on the tour operator, but typically lasts for 10-15 minutes.
- Landing: When it's time to come back down to earth, the boat will slow down and gradually bring you back to the water. You will land back on the boat, and then the safety gear will be removed.
Overall, parasailing in Goa is a thrilling and exciting experience that will leave you with unforgettable memories. Just be sure to follow all safety instructions and guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Cost for Parasailing in Goa
The cost for parasailing in Goa can vary depending on various factors such as the location, the tour operator, the duration of the ride, and the time of year. However, on average, the cost for parasailing in Goa ranges from INR 500 to INR 2000 per person. It's always best to check with multiple tour operators to compare prices and services offered before making a booking. Additionally, some tour operators may offer discounts during the off-season or for group bookings, so it's worth inquiring about those options as well.
Best Beach In Goa for Parasailing in Goa
Goa has several beaches where you can go parasailing. Here are some of the best beaches for parasailing in Goa:
- Calangute Beach : This is one of the most popular beaches in Goa, and it's also a great spot for parasailing. The beach is located in North Goa and offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
- Anjuna Beach : Located in North Goa, Anjuna Beach is a popular spot for water sports and adventure activities, including parasailing. It's a great place to enjoy the thrill of parasailing while taking in the scenic beauty of the beach.
- Baga Beach : Another popular beach in North Goa, Baga Beach is known for its nightlife and water sports activities. Parasailing is one of the most popular activities here, and you can enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and the sea from high above.
- Candolim Beach : Located in North Goa, Candolim Beach is a quieter and more relaxed spot for parasailing. The beach is less crowded than some of the other popular beaches in Goa, which makes it a great place to enjoy the serenity of the sea while parasailing.
- Majorda Beach : Located in South Goa, Majorda Beach is a less crowded option for parasailing. The beach offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea, and the calm waters make it a great spot for water sports activities.
It's important to note that parasailing is a weather-dependent activity, so it's best to check the weather forecast before heading out to any of these beaches. Additionally, it's important to choose a reputable tour operator with a good safety record to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Tips for Parasailing in Goa
If you're planning to go parasailing in Goa, here are some tips to keep in mind to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Choose a reputable tour operator: Make sure to choose a tour operator with a good safety record and licensed instructors who will provide you with proper instructions and safety equipment.
- Dress appropriately: Wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothing, as well as sunscreen and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Follow instructions: Listen carefully to the instructions provided by your instructor before taking off, and make sure to follow all safety guidelines and precautions.
- Communicate with your instructor: If you feel uncomfortable or have any concerns during the ride, communicate with your instructor immediately.
- Check the weather: Parasailing is a weather-dependent activity, so make sure to check the weather forecast before heading out to the beach.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Take in the beautiful views but also be aware of your surroundings while in the air, and avoid looking directly down at the water to prevent dizziness.
- Don't carry valuables: Leave your valuables behind, as they may get lost or damaged during the ride.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water before and after the ride to stay hydrated.
By following these tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable parasailing experience in Goa.
Q: What is Parasailing?
A: Parasailing is a water activity where a participant is towed behind a boat while attached to a parasail wing that resembles a parachute.
Q: Is Parasailing safe?
A: Yes, Parasailing is generally safe, as long as participants wear life jackets and follow the safety instructions given by the operator.
Q: Can children participate in Parasailing?
A: Children can participate in Parasailing as long as they meet the minimum age and weight requirements set by the operator. It's recommended to check with the operator beforehand.
Q: What should I wear for Parasailing?
A: Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing such as swimwear, shorts, and a t-shirt. Don't forget to bring a change of clothes and a towel as you'll likely get wet during the ride.
Q: Do I need any experience to go Parasailing?
A: No, you don't need any prior experience to go Parasailing. The operator will provide a safety briefing and instructions on how to take off and land during the ride.
Q: How long does a Parasailing session last?
A: A Parasailing session usually lasts around 10-15 minutes, depending on the package you choose.
Q: What is the cost of Parasailing in Goa?
A: The cost of Parasailing in Goa can vary depending on a few factors such as the location, season, and the operator you choose. Generally, the cost of Parasailing in Goa can range from around 1000 INR to 2000 INR per person for a single ride.
Q: What are the best beaches in Goa for Parasailing?
A: Some of the best beaches in Goa for Parasailing include Calangute Beach, Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, and Candolim Beach.
Q: Is it necessary to book in advance for Parasailing in Goa?
A: It's recommended to book in advance, especially during peak season, to ensure availability. However, you may also find operators who offer on-the-spot bookings.
Q: What is the minimum age requirement for Parasailing?
A: The minimum age requirement for Parasailing may vary depending on the operator. Generally, children aged twelve and above can participate in the activity. It's recommended to check with the operator beforehand.