What is Vitiligo?
Vitiligo is a skin condition in which patches of skin lose their color. Vitiligo is an acquired pigmentary disorder of the skin that is characterized by circumscribed, depigmented macules, and patches. The condition is frequently associated with disorders of autoimmune origin, with thyroid abnormalities being the most common. More than thousands of cases of Vitiligo come every month. There are Homeopathy doctors in Mumbai for Vitiligo Treatment with whom you can consult your skin conditions and take care of your problem.
This condition is not painful or itchy, but the appearance of white patches may make a person feel self-conscious, especially if vitiligo affects the skin in visible places such as the face, arms, or legs. Vitiligo is more noticeable in people with a darker skin tone, but because the affected areas of skin are completely devoid of pigment, vitiligo can sometimes be visible even in people with very fair skin.
The condition poses no threat to a person’s overall health, and the decision to pursue treatment is a personal one. The reason for this abnormal immune response is unknown. You can’t catch vitiligo or give it to another person. But you can Cure Vitiligo with the Best Specialized Doctors nearby you.
Types Of Vitiligo:
There are two types of vitiligo
- Non- Segmental
- Segmental is nonuniform Vitiligo and spreads rapidly, it is more constant and stable when compared to Non-segmental vitiligo.
- This type of vitiligo is very rare and seen only 10% of the cases. Segmental vitiligo mainly occurs in the areas where skin attached to nerves.
- It mainly occurs to the people who are in younger age
- If the white patches are formed uniformly on the body is called Non-segmental vitiligo. This type of vitiligo is common for 90% of cases.
- The patches appear uniformly on both sides and mainly occurs on the body parts like Neck, nose, face, hands that are exposed to the sun.
- The Non-segmental vitiligo is further divided into 5 types:
The patches occur on the body which has no particular size and shape and can occur any part of the body. This is the most common type.
In this type of vitiligo, the patches occur mainly on toes, fingers, and hands.
If the white patches occur around mucous membranes and lips is called Mucosal.
If the vitiligo spreads almost every part of the body then it is Universal.
The white patches occur discontinuously on a body then it is focal, it is mostly seen in children.
Symptoms Of Vitiligo
There are several signs and symtoms of vitiligo. If a person is suffering from vitiligo and the person is not confident about this skin condition, they can consult the Homeopathy Vitiligo Doctors.
The signs and symptoms of Vitiligo may include:
- Irregular white patches on the skin, especially on the areas exposed to the sun
- More commonly, depigmented patches of skin are seen on the face, hands, and wrist, and also around the body orifices such as mouth, eyes, nostrils, genitalia, and umbilicus
- Graying of hair: Premature graying (before the age of 35 years) of the hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and other affected areas, like the retina
- However, it is important to note that not all pale patches may be due to Vitiligo.
Causes Of Vitiligo
Cells that produce melanin are called melanocytes, and vitiligo occurs when these cells die or stop functioning properly. Regions, where the cells are affected, begin to turn white because there is no longer any skin pigment present. This could be due to inheriting the condition (there's often a family history of vitiligo), or it could be due to a compromised immune system where your body begins attacking its own cells. In some cases, it may be caused by specific events, like extreme sunburn or skin injury.
Vitiligo Can be:
Despite any evidence, some people prevented vitiligo by following some tips.
- Drinking a lot of water can boost body immune system that can prevent vitiligo
- Having green leafy vegetables, fruits like banana, apple can prevent vitiligo
- To prevent the formation of white patches avoid consuming alcohol, coffee, fish, red meat.
- Consuming food which contains vitamin B, C, amino acids and Folic acids can prevent these white patches.
- Adding minerals like copper, zinc, iron to your food will also help.
- The skin pigment cells are destroyed when the skin is affected by wounds, burns, sunburns. That can cause vitiligo. Avoiding deep skin woods and burns will prevent vitiligo.
Treatment of Vitiligo:
There is no definitive cure for Vitiligo, though not all cases of the disorder need treatment. But homeopathy treats vitiligo in a holistic way. It goes down to the root causes and corrects them. It uses natural remedies for vitiligo which are safe and effective.
There are various modalities of vitiligo treatment available under different systems of medicine.
- Homeopathic treatment
- Conventional treatment
- Ayurvedic (herbal) treatment
- Surgical treatment
There is a treatment for vitiligo. Before jump into some conclusion, please consults doctors before taking medicine. All the medicine you intake should be recommended by the doctors only.