Now, no matter how many images of text you want to extract for certain purposes, you can do all with the best image to text converter. However, there are innumerable text extractors available around the internet, but proceeding with one best among them seems a daunting task. Thus, we shortlisted a few best picks that lets you turn an image into text while preserving the original formatting.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is a significant process that mainly functions to convert images to text so that you can copy and edit the extracted text. OCR-based tools are highly recommended for editing PDF files that have been scanned. Also, you can extract text from images online for free of cost by using a free image text extractor from the source of cardscanner.co that provided you with free OCR conversion.
This is referred to as one of the best PDF photo to text converter that allow you to extract text from PDF images within no time. You can find that this handy converter allows you to transform images that are taken with iOS device cameras. Even this tool is loaded with a simple UI that is easy to navigate for copying text from images.
- Easily accessible OCR function and even easy to navigate
- Supports more than 120 different languages (multilingual OCR-based conversion)
- Works for editing certain aspects of the scanned PDF such as adjusting brightness, contrast, and more
- Comes with lacks for different PDF file editing capabilities such as headers and footers
Adobe Acrobat Pro:
Adobe Acrobat DC is another OCR-based tool that lets you make text extraction without compromising over the quality. You can find that its PDF editor acts as PDF image text extractor that allows you to change PDF images to text within a matter of seconds. Even this handy tool assists you to make editing for scanned PDF files. Also, it is packed with a wide array of PDF editing tools for certain concerns.
- Reliable and considerable OCR feature
- OCR function supports a wide range of languages
- Packed with different PDF editing capabilities for to further edit the scanned PDF document file
- A bit expensive OCR tool
Abbyy Fine Reader Standard:
Abby Fine Reader is another full-fledged PDF photo to text converter that assists you to turn image based PDF to text and even lets you convert them to different other formats. In addition to that, this utility is loaded with the best proofreading feature that will work to detect spelling and grammar mistakes within the PDF document.
- OCR function allow you to automatically detect a PDF image and swiftly ask you to change it into text
- Account for editing text and images within the document or simply extract text and tables using OCR
- Lack with some advanced editing tools including header and footer functionality
PDF OCR X:
PDF OCR X is a relatively best image text extractor that mainly functions to convert PDF images into text for editing. The upside is that it never ever compromises over the quality of the formatting while saving PDF scanned images as text files. Remember that it is packed with image copying capabilities.
- Loaded with powerful OCR function
- Accurately extract text from image
- Can’t allow you to edit any other aspects of the PDF file
- Only lets you make conversions on Mac
You can now easily extract text from images online by using this Online OCR based image to word text converter. Account this handy OCR tool right now for extracting text from PDF and different other image formats such as JPG, BMP, and GIF. Also, the extracted text can easily be exported in Word, Excel, or Txt format.
- No huge manual intervention involves for extracting text from image
- Supports more than 46 different languages
- File size uploading limitation (only 15 MB)
If you want to get text from an image precisely without any quality disruption, then Cardscanner serves you to a great extent. This image text extractor allows you to make up to 10 image conversions at once for extracting text. Unlike its counterparts, this online photo to text converter does not distort the formatting of the text while making conversion. Also, this online image text reader supports OCR based conversion for different languages for free of cost.
- Allow you to process unlimited batch image to text batch files conversion
- Multilingual support
- Simple and easy to navigate image text extractor
- Loaded with different OCR based online tools
- Quality preservation results with advanced OCR
- Normally does not proceed with OCR conversion for blurry images, you have to go for PRO to do so
As the name reveals that this is a free OCR based online PDF photo to text converter that assists you to extract text from a photo without losing its quality. Even no huge manual intervention indulges while saving image text as separate editable text file.
- Multilingual support
- Loaded with different image formats for OCR based conversion
- No registration required
- Lets you export the extracted text in only txt format
- Does not allow you to import images larger than 6MB
Free Online OCR:
If you want to convert text from an image or scanned PDF, then give a try to this image text extractor that does all for you for free. Once your text is extracted from the image, you can then export the text file as Word, RTF, and even PDF.
- Transformed text can easily exported to different formats
- Pleasing user interface that is quite easy to navigate
Limited submissions per day
Get this simple, but best image to text converter that uses the new OCR feature for extracting text from the existing images. The upside is that this handy tool lets you make OCR dependent conversion for a wide array of image formats.
- Easy to navigate and does not require registration
- Best quality OCR conversion and does not limit the size or number of submissions
- Does not allow you to export the extracted text into other useful formats